Vouchers divert public, taxpayer money to private schools, including parochial schools. Tell Congress that we should continue to separate church and state, and that we should support public schools with public funds.
These key church-and-state issues deal with the establishment clause of the First Amendment. Learn more about these issues — and the policies that govern them — from a Reform Jewish perspective.
Learn more about Reform Movement positions relating to the free exercise of religion in the United States, including the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
RAC Church State Blog Roll 1cb
Latest Updates on Church-State Issues
To learn more, visit the following organizations or resources:
- Transcripts, audio, and streaming video of Rabbi David Saperstein, Director, Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism appearance on PBS's Newshour discussing the government's role in faith-based Initiatives
- People for the American Way
- Americans United for the Separation of Church and State
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Religion and Ethics Supreme Court Transcripts
- Anti-Defamation League