Fresh Updates from RACBlog: Women's Rights
Uniting for Justice for Pregnant Workers
Posted on Tuesday June 16, 2015
Earlier this month, we applauded the reintroduction of the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act, or PWFA (S. 1512/H.R. 2654). The bill would require employers to reasonably accommodate pregnant employees’ health needs—if the employer can do so without undue hardship—allowing pregnant workers to continue to work to earn wages and benefits. Although PWFA has been reintroduced many […]
Ensuring Servicewomen Have Access to the Justice They Deserve
Posted on Wednesday June 10, 2015
This week, Congress will consider amendments to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), an annual bill that sets policy for the Defense Department by authorizing programs and suggesting funding levels. The different military-related items included in the bill provide for the safety and security of the nation and the soldiers who defend it, making it […]
The post Ensuring Servicewomen Have Access to the Justice They Deserve appeared first on Fresh Updates from RAC.
Pregnant Workers Fairness Act Reintroduced With Bipartisan Support!
Posted on Thursday June 04, 2015
This morning, we welcomed the reintroduction of the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act, key legislation to ensure pregnant workers have the workplace protections they deserve. Rachel Laser, Deputy Director of the Religious Action Center, issued the following statement to celebrate the bill’s reintroduction: We applaud the reintroduction of the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act, a critical bill […]
The post Pregnant Workers Fairness Act Reintroduced With Bipartisan Support! appeared first on Fresh Updates from RAC.
To learn more, visit the following websites:
- RAC Comprehensive Sex Education Issue Page
- RAC Domestic Violence Issue Page
- PRRI Polling Data on Views on Abortion
- National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League (NARAL)
- National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW)
- National Family Planning and Reproductive Health Association (NFPRHA)
- NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Planned Parenthood
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the U.S. (SIECUS)
- Sex Information and Education Council of Canada (SIECCAN)